Monday, February 25, 2019

Heather Pushups

In high school, I had a friend named Heather Stepanek. Heather was cool. And a little weird. But I think that's what helped make her cool. I remember one time in Earth Science, she asked the teacher, right in front of me, if she could be moved away from me because she and I talked too much and she felt that this was interfering with her learning. I was so mad at her for that, and never really let her forget it.

Anyway, one thing that Heather once told me, and this must have been in high school -- maybe it was middle school, but I think it was high school -- was that every morning she would do pushups right after she would wake up. This was way before I started doing pushups or any other kind of real exercise, and I thought she was nuts. "Right after you wake up?" I had asked her, not being able to imagine that. She answered, yes, that doing so got her blood pumping and woke her up.

Well, these days, not every day, but many, I do pushups right after I wake up. Know what I call them? My "Heather Pushups."

No comments: