Saturday, February 23, 2019

Budni


You know, it's funny, the things we appreciate.

Yesterday, I had woken up really early, 5:30 a.m., and had had nothing to really do between that time and my first appointment, 8 a.m. So what I did was, I took the bus to a stop near my appointment and chilled out with some coffee at a bakery.

After my appointment, I still had free time, but didn't know what to do, and was a tiny bit down because I thought no shops at all were going to be open. After all, it was 8:15 a.m.

But then I walked by this drugstore that we have here in Hamburg called Budnikowsky, or Budni,  and to my surprise, it was open.

Well, it was like a little palace when I walked through those two automatically opening doors. I mean, after all, here I was thinking that I was going to have to walk the streets with nothing to do or look at for a good hour until other shops opened up, and all of a sudden, I was in a little Shangri-La of goods.

It was very interesting, too, because there were hardly any other people in the store, and all the employees, about four of them, were all very quietly stocking the shelves. I even said hi very jovially to one of them, and, though she smiled, didn't seem to share my enthusiasm, which I could understand.

I bought hair gel, hand cream, tooth paste and bar soap, and, I swear, couldn't have been any happier, at least for that brief period of time.

No comments: