Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Aggressive

I have to admit that I was in a little bit of an aggressive mood when I wrote the following poem. I don't know...maybe this poem comes from this mood, maybe it comes from my recently having reread "The Catcher in the Rye" or maybe it's other things in my life. But this poem is a bit aggressive and certainly makes a specific point. Just so you know, I wrote the piece on the subway right after I saw on my phone that another celebrity had written a childrens book. Viewer discretion is advised.

"It seems like every other idiot writes a childrens book"

It seems like every other idiot writes a childrens book.

Like this fucking jerk-off has wisdom to impart.
It seems like every other idiot makes a cute kiddy book.
Adults were never that smart.

Adults desire, want, need and crave

And do not behave.
Perhaps they have a braincell more or two
But can’t tell you what to do.
Adults have no wisdom 'cause they don’t know themselves

So just put it on a fucking shelf.


Spare your words and pictures

Your moral tales cute  
Your talking bears and lions scared
Your bird that cannot sing

Go get yourself some help, you hear

Go on now, hit the road
And take your pearls of wisdom
And shove them in the trash.

No comments: