Friday, May 24, 2019

Pfingstrosen


Here's a funny little occurrence that just happened at the supermarket.

I was at the checkout waiting for my turn when I overheard a small conversation going on between the cashier and the woman being checked out.

The two were talking about the flowers that the woman was buying, “Pfingstrosen,” or peonies, as they're called in English.

When I had first entered the supermarket, you should know, I had thought about buying a small bunch of the “Pfingstrosen” that were on sale but had opted not to at that point.

However, when I heard the cashier and the woman talking about the “Pfingstrosen” and how good they looked, I decided to leave the checkout aisle to run and go get a bunch.

Now here comes the funny party: The moment I arrived at where the peonies were, I heard someone behind me, and that person was the person who had been standing in front of me in line. She had also overheard the conversation between the cashier and the woman and was inspired by it, and decided to run off the line as well to grab a bunch.

After this woman and I got our flowers, we both came trotting back to the checkout line, and as we did so, the cashier and the woman being checked out looked on, laughing and smiling.

No comments: