Sunday, April 07, 2019

Journal Entry

This morning I was going through some of my old journals and found the following entry. I thought it was pretty interesting, so I'm going to share it here. Enjoy.

August 8, 2016
Kris Novaselic, the drummer for Nirvana, once said that after Kurt Cobain died, he would always be reminded of him when he would see a guitar hanging in the window of a secondhand store or pawn shop. 
Cobain often bought his guitars secondhand and what Novaselic loved was how stoked Kurt would get when he would start playing the newly found guitar. It was almost as if sometimes the guitar itself was the source of Kurt's inspiration.
I have to say that I understand what Cobain felt.
Usually, notepads are something that I just write on. But sometimes, the pad itself is actually the source of inspiration.
Such was the case with this pad [the one I was writing in]. Clairefontaine is the name of a stationery maker that I got acquainted with a couple years back.
I like the pads because they are sturdy -- and the paper is always very good and takes the ink very nicely.
Anyway, I hope this pad serves me well, just like those guitars certainly served Cobain well.

No comments: