Tuesday, April 09, 2019

Another Poem from Razia

Sunday was a beautiful day in Hamburg, ideal weather. Around 7 p.m., I got a text from my student Razia. She told me as the sun was setting, she had written a poem and wanted to show me. I thought the piece was really good and asked her if I could post it. She said yes, so here it is. Enjoy. 

P.S. The English translation is at the bottom. 

***

Man sagt, es muss entweder weisser oder schwarzer Stifft geben!

Man denkt, mit einem grauen könne man keine Geschichten komponieren.

Es stimmt!
Denn so wäre sie für den Leser kaum lesbar.

Schreib nur einmal mit grau.
Lass es für alle andern trüb werken.
Sie müssen die nicht lesen können,
Denn du selbst kennst die Geschichte.

***

They say the pen must be either black or white!
They say that with a gray pen, stories can't be written.

That's true!
Because then the writing would be hardly visible to the reader. 

Write for once with gray.
Let it be not clear to the world.
They don't have to read it. 
Because you yourself know the story. 

No comments: