Thursday, August 16, 2018

chess game


So when it comes to chess, I’m usually my toughest critic.

Let me back up a minute. I love chess. It has been a passion -- an obsession -- of mine since 2001. If I could do anything straight for an entire day it would be play chess. As it is, I play every single day, but only for about 45 minutes.

OK, so that's the backstory. Back to my being my toughest critic.

Usually, after I play a game of chess, I think to myself, "That was not that great." And that's even if I win. I know where I have made errors, and if an error was made, I don’t feel fully satisfied. Only rarely do I play a game and think, “Yes, that was awesome...that’s what it’s all about.”

Well, today I played such a game. Click on this link and you'll be taken to the game, which I've annotated, so you can see what I was thinking throughout.  Enjoy.

No comments: