Sunday, September 20, 2020

Deposit

Today 9 guys from my basketball club and I came together to play on an outdoor court in Hamburg. During a timeout that occurred in one of the games that we played, I noticed a fellow player looking at the surface of the court. Another player was also looking at the ground with him. I wondered what was going on, so I looked at the ground too. A bee or wasp was on the surface of the court, crawling, and both guys were working together to try and remove it from the playing field. 

Later, after basketball was finished, I was standing near an ice-cream shop, waiting to meet my girlfriend. Next to me, near my feet, stood two empty water bottles. I had placed the bottles there because I had been too lazy to return them to the recycling machine. Perhaps someone more ambitious would like the deposit, I thought. Eventually, a man came by and collected the two bottles. He had a plastic bag with him, and when I looked inside it, I saw bottles and cans. 

No comments: