Sunday, June 23, 2019

My First German Poem

Wow, so today I was actually able to write a poem in German.

Now, sound is always a very important part of the poems I write. I'm very sensitive to how the words actually sound when lined up next to each other.

I mention that because I really like the sound of this poem. To hear how the piece sounds in German, go here. Enjoy.

Unterirdisch, stürmisch, traurig, 
Unglaublich, furchtbar, schlecht...
Hat nicht zu tun --
Gar nicht --
Mit Menschenrecht.
Unnötig, doch es gibt,
Unfassbar, doch es war.
Abgesehen von was wirklich ist.
Abgesehen von der Wahr. 

Here is the poem translated word for word: 

Blasphemous, stormy, sad
Unbelievable, terrible, bad
Has nothing to do 
With human rights. 
Not necessary, but it exists
Astounding, but it was
Irrespective of what really is
Irrespective of the true.

No comments: