Friday, June 18, 2021

Music Is Life

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm always listening to music. In fact, I truly believe that Spotify is one of the best inventions ever. It's like a magic music machine. As someone who grew up in the '8os and '90s, it's hard to fathom that nowadays you can just open Spotify, enter a song and, boom, it's there. I remember having to go out and buy a CD if I wanted to hear a song. I even remember requesting songs on the radio. 

But I digress. Really, what I want to mention in this blogpost are two awesome lines from two separate songs. The songs themselves were new discoveries. One of them,  "And I Love You So" by Perry Como was recommended to me by Spotify. When I first heard the song, I thought, "Oh, that sounds nice." But when I heard the line I'm about to mention, I immediately added the song to my library. 

The other song I want to talk about I came across when I was watching the '90s movie Benny and Joon. The song, "Have a Little Faith in Me" by John Hiatt, came on during a montage, and I just instantly thought it sounded awesome. Again, when I read one particular lyric later on (that lyric is also below), my love for the song was cemented. 

So, without further ado, here are two awesome lines from the songs. 

"And I Love you So":

The book of life is brief/And once the page is read/All but love is dead/That is my belief

"Have a Little Faith in Me"

When your secret heart/Cannot speak so easily/Come here darlin'/From a whisper start/Have have a little faith in me

2 comments:

Marty said...

Awesome!

Chad said...

Thanks, Marty! Xoxo