Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Dream

I had a strange dream last night that I was in some kind of waiting room with a bunch of musicians in their 20s. In the room next door was the band Fleetwood Mac, and these young musicians and I were all there to audition for the band, because they needed a new player.

I had felt completely comfortable, sitting there in the waiting room, until that was, I realized that I couldn't sing any Fleetwood Mac songs, nor could I play any on guitar.

After realizing that I didn't have the appropriate skills, I sat there for some time, thinking about what my next move should be.

I decided that when my name would be called I would walk into the audition room and tell the band the truth. I was embarrassed at the thought of doing this but I thought I would.

Until that point, however, I decided to just hang out in the waiting room with the musicians, which was what I did.

At one point we heard singing coming from the audition room. Apparently, someone had forgotten to close the door and we could hear the musicians as they were trying out. They weren't terrible, but neither were they good.

No comments: