Saturday, May 08, 2021

Kobe



Today on the basketball court I pretended I was Kobe Bryant. Why? Well, yesterday I was rewatching the 2008 Olympic championship basketball match between Spain and the USA, and something Kobe did on the court just got me so pumped up. With three minutes to go and the score being USA 104, Spain 99, Kobe hit a hugely clutch three-pointer. 

The shot was awesome because it slowed down the momentum that Spain was beginning to build and just showed them that no matter how "A" their game was, the US had an answer. Another big shot by Dwane Wade a few plays later was enough to give the USA team the boost they needed to get the win. It was just a great moment in sports. 

Anyway, today on the basketball court, I practiced the shot that Kobe hit.  I was on the left-wing and passed myself the ball by putting topspin on it. Once I had the ball in my hands, I got into the triple-threat position and imagined a defender in front of me, a defender who was probably intimidated by me. I jabbed right once, imagined the defender stepping backward and then I just pulled up and took the shot. 

No comments: